All You Need Is Ove


No story will ever touch you as much as this one. 

I love to read about any book that I can get my hands on, and I've read many great books over the years, but Fredrick Backman's "A Man Called Ove" stands out above them all and will most certainly remain one of my all-time favorites. Ove is a curmudgeon - and quite possibly the grumpiest man in the world. A man with staunch principles, strict routines, and an extremely short fuse, he believes himself to be the only sensible person left, and surrounded by idiots. Then, one day, a young chatty couple introduce themselves by running over his mailbox, and derail his entire lifestyle as they discover that he may just have a heart that has an untold and painful story. 

It's truly an amazing tale that takes you into the depths of a man, and will have you laughing at the craziest things in one moment then feel like crying the next, or even both at the same time. I waited until the end of the day before bed to read just one chapter, about only four pages a night, and I would set the book down with a mix of emotions and feeling completely satisfied. The book has many memorable parts that will stick with you long after you finish and have you waiting to read it again. 

I would recommend this book to any kind of person, because it helps you to see past the exterior of other people and want to understand them. Besides that, it's just a hilarious and heart-warming and -wrenching book that you won't forget. 

Rory P.

Comments